Knowing your rights as a carer is very important if you want the confidence to challenge unfair decisions or to ask for certain support services. Being equipped with the right knowledge and information can go along way to enabling you in getting the decision or result you are looking for.
What is this session about?
This 3 hour session will help increase awareness and knowledge of carer rights through information-sharing and activities that apply specific rights to access local support, valuable knowledge to empower carers.
Carers will gain…
- better knowledge and understanding of the rights of carers in England
- understanding of what the barriers are to accessing carers’ rights
- knowledge of their rights to access appropriate services, information and support
- increased confidence to communicate or deal with service providers or health & social care professionals
- the ability to identify, challenge and deal with unfair decisions that have a negative effect on your caring role
Register for this course today!
To register your interest in this course you can print and complete the registration form below then post it to: Kelechi Dibie, Training Officer, Gateshead Carers Association, John Haswell House, 8-9 Gladstone Terrace, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE8 4DY
Alternatively you can download and complete the course registration form in Microsoft Word format. Save your completed form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to complete the form online or via your computer please call us on Tel: 0191 4900121 to register for this course.