The demands of caring can be stressful and many carers often feel overwhelmed trying to juggle their own needs alongside those of the cared for person, causing fatigue, frustration and health problems adding further strain on relationships.
What is this session about?
This topic is covered in two, 3 hour sessions (3 hours per week) and will help you to understand how to prevent and overcome stressful situations in your life. Find out about the different types of stress and the various signs and effects to look for. You will also learn about the positive and practical ways in which to deal with stress.
- recognise the signs of ‘carer burn out’
- learn how to remain healthy in order to continue in their caring role
- adopt positive ways of identifying and accepting their own limitations
- learn how to care for themselves as well as their ‘cared for’
- find effective relaxation methods that work for their specific situation
- develop tools for coping and lightening up moods
Register for this course today!
To register your interest in this course you can print and complete the registration form below then post it to: Kelechi Dibie, Training Officer, Gateshead Carers Association, John Haswell House, 8-9 Gladstone Terrace, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE8 4DY
Alternatively you can download and complete the course registration form in Microsoft Word format. Save your completed form and email it to: email@example.com
If you are unable to complete the form online or via your computer please call us on Tel: 0191 4900121 to register for this course.