We all know its better to eat fresh home cooked food than processed meals, but we often don’t know what or how to cook. This fun and practical course will help you plan and prepare healthy, nutritious meals that won’t break the bank.
What is this session about?
This course is covered over two 3 hour sessions and is part practical, part theoretical. Carers’ will gain knowledge that will help improve their food and diet choices, meal planning, preparation and grocery shopping. Learn what makes up a balanced diet and how to prepare healthy and nutritious meals on a budget.
- Gain knowledge about basic food groups and what a balanced diet is
- Improve their knowledge about what ‘good & bad’ nutrition is
- Improve their knowledge of food labelling practices that affect nutrition
- Identify what is required to plan and maintain a good diet routine
- Identify barriers, which may prevent them from achieving good nutrition and well-being
- Gain experience of preparing simple but innovative healthy meals using a wide range of ingredients
- Make links between stress and eating; stress and immune system; and food-mood connections.
NEW: Food Club For Carers
Register for this course today!
To register your interest in this course you can print and complete the registration form below then post it to: Kelechi Dibie, Training Officer, Gateshead Carers Association, John Haswell House, 8/9 Gladstone Terrace, Gateshead, NE8 4DY.
Alternatively you can download and complete the course registration form in Microsoft Word format. Save your completed form and email it to: email@example.com
If you are unable to complete the form online or via your computer please call us on Tel: 0191 4900121 to register for this course.