What is the ‘Time for ME’ Fund?
Gateshead Carers Association has been awarded the contract for administering this Carers Wellbeing Fund by Newcastle Gateshead CCG.
It is funding which enables eligible unpaid parent carers to access a break from their caring role. A parent carer is defined as a parent who is caring for a child (aged under 18) with a disability, complex need, chronic health, a long term health condition or a substance misuser.
The award of a ‘Time for ME’ grant should lead to at least one of the following outcomes for parent carers;
- An improved feeling of wellbeing
- A reduction in feelings of stress
- A reduction in feeling isolated
- An improved sense of calm and being in control
- An improved relationship with family/friends
- An improved feeling of managing the caring role
The ‘Time for ME’ fund is available until end of June 2018. There is limited money available so not all applications will be successful.
How much can I apply for? The maximum grant award is £200 although some restrictions do apply (more details about what the grant can be used for is given below).
What sort of things can I apply for? A grant from the Carers Wellbeing Fund can be used for something that clearly gives you a break, supports you in your caring role, and/or maintains or improves your own health and wellbeing. For example:
- A holiday or weekend break in the UK
- Therapies/relaxation or wellbeing sessions, including spa days
- College course fees, books or equipment
- Gym membership, exercise classes, swimming sessions etc.
- An adult education class or training course
- Day trips to places of interest or a general day trip.
- Social events e.g. to attend a concert, the theatre or the cinema
- Purchase of items for an activity or hobby e.g. a tent or a bicycle
- A laptop/tablet/mobile phone
- Essential goods for the carer ‘s wellbeing i.e. TV for bedroom
- Gardening or gardening equipment costs
- Beauty treatments e.g. manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials
To apply, you must contact Gateshead Carers Association and complete our Time for ME application form to be returned to us at: Gateshead Carers Association, John Haswell House, 8/9 Gladstone Terrace, Gateshead, NE8 4DY.
Your details will then be entered onto our referral database and one of our Carer Wellbeing Facilitators will contact you to discuss your application. It is important that you read the terms and conditions fully before making your application.